Nisar Shaikh, President Elizabeth Taylor, Vice President
Stanford University Lewis & Clark Law School
- Current professional and volunteer activities focused on renewable technologies through participation in various forums at CleanTechOpen, Stanford University and Ciudad Saludable, Lima, Peru.
- Developing affordable solar thermal and sustainable environmental technologies, by approaching it as a combined engineering and economics problem.
- Illustrious professional careers encompassing varied fields from Artificial Heart to Smart Materials to Computer Hardware and Academia.
- Environmental entrepreneur and university lecturer. Past legal work included, a fellow with the United States Marine Mammal Commission and an environmental attorney in San Diego on behalf of California public entities.
- Worked as a marine biologist for various NGOs in the Caribbean, Hawaii, California and Australia. She is the co-founder of ISLA, an enterprise dedicated to empowering island communities to achieve sustainable livelihoods.
- Active in local government, sitting on the Board of Directors of the San Diego League of Conservation Voters and recently serving as Chair of the Encinitas Environmental Advisory Commission.